Apr 22, 2009

I officially have two teenage kids. Heaven help me.

Happy Birthday Caleb. I can't believe he is only three years away from driving. Why do we let them drive so soon. Will he really be ready by then? Will I be ready?

Here you are in the beginning. 7 lbs. 10 oz. most of that weight was from your cheeks.

You and your big sister became fast friends.


Two months after you were born we headed north to Alaska. Dad was in some crazy unit up there where he did skiing and rock climbing (and he got paid for it). This was the hat he wore

Here you are with your favorite blanket. Remember(I know you do)when we left it in a hotel on the way to Utah from Germany. You were so sad, there may have even been tears.I don't blame you even if you were 10 at the time. That blanket had seen more then most people do in there entire lives at that point. Needless to say it was well traveled and deeply loved. I'm sure the poor house keeper who found it threw it quickly away. It looked like a dirty rag by then.

Alaska tough! Burrrrr

Here you are at 4 in a tire swing at Powell park. We only spent three short years in Utah but you made strong bonds with your cousins that last even still.

Off to Alabama. You and Logan were quite the team there. Exhausting! How did you ever make it to be this age. Most mothers would have maimed you. Lucky for you I was to tired to do any damage.

See what I mean. Look at the smile! Ahhh!!!!

Here you are again in Dad's hat. This was minutes after he returned to us from Iraq. Out of all of us, you took this deployment the hardest. You really are quite sweet. That was a great reunion.

And now here you are all grown up.


9 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh I am going to cry, he is too sweet & mischevious to grow up & start driving & stuff. He must have a fabulous mother!

Harold said...

Oh my Caleb,

How I wish i was there on this great day. I am so proud of you. Thank you for helping take care of the family when I'm gone, you do a great job and are growing into a fine man.

Caleb i love you and miss you and hope you have a great birthday see you in a week or two.

Love you Dad

Darsha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda said...

I've been meaning to comment on your China post because that was way cool. You guys have really gotten to do some awesome things. I can't believe Caleb is a teenager now. Your post for his birthday was really sweet but don't tell him that. :-)

Kristin D. said...

I loved seeing the pictures of him growing up.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh Darsha! We haven't seen you since Germany, and boy has time been flying!! He's 13 already? When we met you he was...5...and yes a little mischevious. But boy has he grown up, so has the whole family. I wish we could slow it down sometimes. Of course, most other times I want it sped up. Wish we could get together more but I love checking up on the family through your blog. You guys are such a great family and we miss you. Happy birthday Caleb!

Jennefer said...

Great pics of the good old days when your kids were little. Ya that was the time when the only thing stopping moms full out insanity was the SO TOTALLY SQUEEZABLE CUTENESS of those kids.

Mandi said...

he looks like a little baby buddah in that new born pic...I just wanna squish his cheeks.

Juliana said...

I can't believe he's getting so old! I remember he was such a cute kid. And persistant. One of my favorite memories of him was a trip we took to McDonalds. Don't know why I remember it, but it was just a good time. I also loved when he had his "diarheas" medicine. And one of the things I really love about Caleb is how he loves to try new things and gets totally into the moment (like buying the sombraro in Mexico, and the beer stein in Germany, and eating the street food in Korea). I love that about him! I love you Caleb!