Aug 5, 2009

Tickets Home: $4000 / Getting this shot: Priceless!


So we flew home this summer and it was a blast. It has been along time since we have all been together, so shots like these are rare. In fact it wasn't even supposed to happen.

Last summer everyone was there but me. I have a sister in Texas and one in Virginia,and a brother in Wyoming. This summer we were all there except for my sister who lives in Virgina, her husband is in the Marines. Two days before our return home to Korea, my brother in-laws sister died and they were rushed home. She was only 34 and it was quite a blow to the family. We are all so sad for them but what a great blessing for us. Just two days later and we would have missed them.
We were all(everyone, Spouses, Kids,siblings. 41 people all there) able to get together for the first time since 1997. And since the oldest grand child will be gone by the next time we all get together this was just a really special, really short, reunion for us all. Priceless! I am so grateful for this picture.
It took a trip home from Korea, a baby born early, and a death to get us all together. Life is hard, it is also beautiful.

3 comments:

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

I love that it all worked out for you. It would have been fun to see you while you were here, but I guess I'll just need to go over and see you in Korea!

Jennifer said...

I Love that picture. How wonderful that all of you were there. Your kids are getting so big and beautiful. Enjoy being state side! Back to Korean life for you!!:)

Linda said...

What awesome pictures. That really is so rare once big families have grown children with their own families!