Jul 30, 2008

Nurture Or Nature


I have been thinking about this allot lately. I have four kids and I feel like i have raised them all the same but they are all so different. For instance the other day i was trying to figure out a way to break some bad news to the kids. Harold was going to stay for 2 extra weeks in the Philippians. I took the opportunity when we were all in the car I tried to sound up beat as I spilled the news.
What I got in return were 4 very different reactions to the same news. Miranda just got quiet, dealing with the sad news by herself. Caleb was instantly mad."dad needs to quit this job. He needs to just come home." Logan says cheerfully "It's O.K., it just gives us longer to get his welcome home poster done. Emma sits back and cries. Softly at first and then louder if we don't seem to hear. She needs us to feel her pain.
I know they are all sad about this news and all show it in there own way. I just struck me how different they all are. Some personality traits we learn, but i know some we must just be born with.

5 comments:

Jun said...

Holy Cow! I had no idea you had this blog. You can thank your teenager for letting this out. I got on the computer one of the boys had just left and they were at some page of Miranda's and I saw this blog link and since I'm really nosey :-)...it is so great to see what is going on with you guys! I just saw Suzanne found your blog before me and I'm going to link to it to. Hope we don't make you mad but a lot of people have been hoping you'd start one because we miss you all!

Linda said...

Oops, I just posted as Junior! He's the homicidal goatee (I think he needs a therapist). Sorry about that. :-)

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

Now blame Linda becuase I found you too. You CANNOT hide!!

Did a lady from your ward tell you that I ran into her in Virginia? Small world ehh?

Mandi said...

um I'm actually a random person who has no clue who you are but decided to comment! just kidding! I'm like the rest of these ladies who some how blog stocked you. Mine is the lowest of lows though...I was googleing everyone's name from germany since I have been so bloggish lately and wanted to find others. So just in case you haven't stocked me back and figured out who it is...this is mandi jensen.

Rachel said...

Darsha Darsha, I LOVE hearing your words on the blog. We have missed you & Harold the last two years since Wuerzburg, you guys are awesome. Visit my blog at www.rachandave.blogspot.com. That is rach an dave, not rach and dave because rach and dave was taken. Say hey to your kids & hubby from Dave & I. We are now in our 11th ward in 13 years of marraige and you guys are still the best welcoming committee we have ever gotten.