Nov 5, 2008

Sew Much Fun!

How they get the material in the building
Need some thread?


Maybe like a million zippers
It just goes on and on and on.......................




I am ten minutes away from the fabric market here. There is a 5 story building there full of everything you need for sewing plus more. And the prices are great! I get so distracted every time I go I really am not sure what all is there. I find something new every time. My heart is racing just thinking about it.
Here is the down side. I can't understand a word they say. I wish I had the gift of tongues(for purely selfish reasons). So when I go,there is a lot of hand gestures and them holding up calculators with the prices typed out for me.(I feel like such a "stupid american") I am too scared to go alone so I drag Amber along. My awesome, smart, fun, adventurous, beautiful(I hope she reads this) friend who can communicate pretty well with the locals. She even pretends to be happy even though she doesn't sew and it is probably wasted time for her. What a great friend. I need to pay her more.

11 comments:

Mandi said...

great darsha, Now I'm going to have nightmares about thousands upon thousands spools of thread tumbling off sky scapper sized shelves on top of me...=)

Taffers Dawn said...

How awesome to have a place close by! I think i would die from overexposure to the sewing world.

Melani said...

I love how you said your heart was racing! I laughed out loud! I just miss you Darsha!

Kristin D. said...

That looks like paradise to me. Maybe I should come for a visit.

Rachel said...

That is so cool, I am drooling just thinking about all the fun projects you can do!

Jun said...

The post reminds me Darsha-- the other day I decided to alter my temple dress because I bought it when I was like 9 months pregnant and I could fit 4 of me in it...and as I slit the sides of it, then tried to fold it in and resew it...I ended up with the biggest disaster you've ever seen...then I had to call SLC to order a completely new dress...and all I could think of was how much I needed your guidance in my life. I can't tell anyone else because they might find out I'm a MORON, but you already know it. :-)

Linda said...

Uh, Jer the younger is me. Just trying to throw you off. Add a little spice to your life.

Jennefer said...

It looks like you guys had a fun time. Does that place have craft supplies too? I need to find a place that sells stuff like- metal wire, metal sheeting, beads, ear wires, paints, sealers, wooden shapes, ribbon, glue guns, etc. Any ideas?

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

I wish I was there shopping with you. I think it was divine intervention that I didn't grow my sewing addiction until I moved to Washington. We'd have gotten into a lot of trouble but you'd have been my jedi master.

I just reread your comment about goodbye's being sad. Sing it sister! It just makes me feel better knowing that I have good friends who know exactly how I feel. (Even if you do live on the other side of the earth...)

sparkle2go@gmail.com said...

whoa wish there was a place like that near here. Oh well there is always Walmart!

The Chandlers said...

That is crazzzzy! Im sure youre in heaven!