Jul 11, 2010

Time to catch up this blog

One of the reasons I started this blog was so that I could kinda use it like a family journal. Well, like all my journals, I got behind. I really want to print it out some day so I need to catch it up so here goes......

Emma and Logan with their spoils from Australia. We all love it when Harold guilt buys.
"sorry I am never home, but here's a present." Yes we are that shallow.

I love this picture of the girls just chilling. It makes me sad that Miranda is getting so close to leaving the house. Where are my sweet sisters. I miss them.

Feeding the masses. As activities leader this is what I do. Our Branch just combined with another branch and now we are huge but we are still a branch. It's good because we used to say we were more like a twig. Sorry if you are not Mormon, I know this will make no sense.

So a couple of my friends here decided we needed to enrich ourselves and try something new. We came up with the idea of Tuesdays with More(e). After Yoga we would spend the day together doing something new. One of those days we decided to make a Souffle'

Have you ever made a souffle'? We used so many eggs. Here it is before we put it in the oven.


It really did look pretty and then this happened, still it was so good.

Jen and Amanda eating chocolate souffle'


I guess you can just get too much of a good thing.

Ohh and by the way I learned how to make the best chocolate chip cookies ever. If you want some just give me advance warning because they have to sit for at least 24 hr. before I can bake them. Totally worth it. All ingredients are weighed and not measured . It takes a good cooking scale, two types of flower and over a pound of Chocolate chips to make. So yummy.


Crazy amounts of baby blankets. The idea was to maybe sell them. Mostly I just have fun making them. Ana Do you see one you like? Tell me and it's yours.

I have been sewing blankets like crazy. One of Harold's brilliant guilt buys was a new sewing machine. Something to keep me busy while he's gone. Plus he was stuck in a little town in Alaska for a week and apparently there was an awesome quilt shop there. Thanks to the sales lady who ripped him off. If I am ever passing through I will stop and give you a hug.

Team Awesome. We love the Fabric market. It makes all things possible. Miranda needed supper hero cloth for girls camp. She actually squealed when she saw it. It was less the 3 dollars a yard and came in like every color. Man I am going to miss that place when I leave.

3 comments:

Gar, Shelby & family said...

Fun!
By the way, are you going to post that awesome CC cookie recipe????

Juliana said...

What an impossible choice! All your blankets are so darling. I have been really into owls lately, so I think that is my top choice. But I am also a fan of long legged birds....and frogs are always good. Surprise me! I am honored to get to have one of your blankets!

Jennefer said...

I'm so hungry now. Thanks.