Mar 17, 2011

The Land Of Enchantment

One of the first things I noticed about Albuquerque was the Hot Air Balloons. They are up almost every morning. I took this picture of one over the church. It made me laugh.

The Sabbath breaker.

Here is our new house we are renting.


The back yard. It is just a sand pit. I was kind of worried about it when we moved in, but Emma and Logan spend so much time out there digging I have decided I like it a lot. Fenced in entertainment is totally worth the bit of sand that gets dragged in.


Harold on the stairs with his lap top. I do Have to say having a lap top does make a transient life style so much easier.


Here the kids are waiting for our stuff to arrive. You got to love an empty house.


Boxes, one of the great joys of moving.
I do have to say I am amazed how entertaining a couple of boxes are when there is nothing else to play with.


Here is the Living Room


Here is the Kitchen. I love how it has a pantry and an Island.



The kids take up Ice Skating.
The nice thing about moving is you will try anything to help the kids adjust. This move our guilt included Ice skating lessons. We crazy we know, but would have said yes to much more. We have only a little guilt moving them mid year.

Getting ready to hit the ice.


First Lesson

I love these kids. They keep me laughing. I am so proud of how much they have grown on this move. They almost seem like totally different kids to me. Another positive thing that occurs with moving is the bonding that occurs among siblings when you take all their other friends away. It is priceless.

(?)

2 comments:

Jennefer said...

Gorgeous house. Its like a mansion. I am so jealous. And the yard looks fun.

Tell Harold that I love my Ipad which he inspired me to buy.

I am dreading the whole- adjust to the new neighborhood thing. I am sure we will be doing a lot of guilt activities too.

Did you tell your kids to put on mustaches or did you just turn around and there they were and you realized that your kids are crazy?

I already know that you are crazy, so I'm just trying to figure out if its hereditary.

Katie Webb said...

Wow, your house looks amazing! I'm glad you're getting settled in and the kids are adjusting! We'll be driving through Albequerqe (how on earth do you spell that?) in May. Maybe we'll meet up for lunch or something.