Jan 1, 2009

It is 2009. Where are the robots?

It is 2009. I thought if we were supposed to be getting around in flying cars by now, and have robots doing all our work. What happened? I could really use a good robot. I really hope that I can remember to sign stuff 2009. I really don't put the date on many things as a house wife. I mean when we used to write checks I did.(does any one still use checks?) Remember when everyone wrote checks, now if I get behind someone in the store who is writing a check I switch to another checkout stand. It just seems like it takes forever. There aren't many people who do. Mostly just old people, paranoid people(ATM cards are not safe!), and people who are writing a hot check, hoping there will be money in their account when the check finally gets to the bank(which, watch out now days, it is pretty fast). Man I got off the subject, and also I apologies to anyone who fits in any of the above mentioned categories. Really. Here are my goals for the New year:
(1)So I am going to try to really be a better person this year. Get rid of some of my nasty habits, physically, mentally, and socially. Out with the old, in with the new. I really hope being a better person includes being like 20 pounds thinner by next January.
(2) I need to work on my skills. Yea, I got skills. You know like some of those talents I've have been hiding under a bushel. They are coming out this year.
(3) Another area in which I need to improve, the spiritual area.(Harold, stop clapping). Really, I am going to kick it up a notch. I have to, I need the blessings. I am so greedy.
I know those of you who know me probably would like to make requests about some much needed improvements but I am just going to start with these. If you know anyway to make these goals come true(with as little effort on my part as possible)please, let me know. Now that I have written it down. I have to do it.

7 comments:

Cindy said...

I need a robot desperately bad in my house too. Maybe my house could be clean. Hope you had a merry christmas.

Rachel said...

I'll take the 20 lbs thinner challenge with you, and the more spiritual challenge, but I like my talents to be hidden. Someone in our ward found out I played the piano and asked me to sub in primary-don't they know I can't say no and that I hate playing publicly!!

Kristin D. said...

It sounds like our goals are the same. I guess we will see how it goes.

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

You know they have those vacuum robots (roomba?) and the i-dog...
do those count?
Good goals.
I laughed at the spiritual one only because of the Harold comment. Talon would be doing the same to me if I made that goal. Maybe I should?

Mandi said...

oh darsha...such great goals! I'm with on spirituality...I think that after movies like iRobot we've scared away our chances of that coming true soon.

amy said...

i will join you on two but not the 3rd, i like to be evil Hee Hee Hee

Linda said...

Just wait til next year. Haven't you seen that movie? We'll be flying around everywhere and drop-kicking our robots for not making dinner fast enough. You don't write checks anymore? Don't tell me your bishop takes credit cards. :-)